Langlois Pianos

Our History

Langlois and Sons


1865 - The First Generation
Pascal L'Anglais left his northern Wisconsin farm in 1865 and attended a year of piano-tuning school in Chicago. He returned to start the family business. He became a master tuner who worked at Carnegie Hall and the Academy of Music in New York.

1898 - The Second Generation
Pascal's two sons, Pascal II and George, also became piano technicians. In the late 1800's they built 300 pianos bearing the L'Anglais nameplate, a few of which can still be found in the upper Midwest.

1923 - The Third Generation
All six of Pascal II's sons continued the tradition. One son, Ira, began learning the trade at the age of four. By the age of 21, he was piano technologist at the Royal Conservatory in Vienna.

1962 - The Fourth Generation
When Ira returned to the U.S., the family name was "Americanized" to Langlois and the family moved to Sequim, Washington. Ira's son, Tom, was the fourth generation of Langlois to carry on the piano business.

1985 - The Fifth Generation
Tom's son, Ira Langlois III, started at the age of 12. In 1985, Ira realized a personal dream when he opened Langlois Piano in Silverdale...a symbol of one family's commitment, for over 142 years, to the technical mastery of fine musical instruments.

 


Copyright 2012 

Web Site by Moff Interactive Inc.